I'm 36 years old. But let's not get into the continued "this is not my beautiful life" crisis I am having. Hehe.
Lots of blog people do fun yearly projects for each birthday & I have decided to do one myself. You see, I have a million ideas for a million things in my brain and it's about damn time I started doing some of them. Quite a lot of these ideas are things I want to make/create/build. Boom. A project is born.
This year I will make 36 things.
I haven't created the entire list of 36 things yet, but there are a few things I'm positive about. Here is a starter list:
- Dining Room Table - I have some barn wood that I have been lugging around for 10 years now & I'm finally gonna make this happen.
- Quilt - I've always wanted to make a dreamy modern quilt.
- Sculpture - There's an idea for a garden sculpture roaming around in my head... I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off, but I'm gonna try!
- Light fixture for my patio - Something simple with branches & led white xmas lights.
- A slipcover - Super-fitted modern slipcovers can be done & look awesome. I'm convinced I can do this myself.
- A grill table - I have a couple of pallets to rip apart & I think I can pull off something like this table with the pieces.
- Mega Planter - I need something to hide the sad-looking brick on the front of my porch. I could just plant something tall there but want to do a huge planter & fill it with lavendar.
- Napkins - Before I get fancy with quilts & slipcover, I should probably reacquaint myself with a sewing machine. And I can't seem find napkins I've been wanting so I'll make them.
- Pillows for my guest bed - Another quick and easy sewing project is pillows & pillowcases. I need something cute for my guest bed.
- Painting - I can't even keep track of all the ideas I have for paintings, I'm gonna make one of those happen this year.
- Photography book - I have been wanting to pick a theme, snap a billion photos, & compile them into a Blurb book. So yeah, let's do that.
- Puppy portraits - I'm not sure what medium to use yet but I want to have a non-photography portrait of both my dogs.
- Chalkboard - I want to make a giant chalkboard so I'm gonna do that.